Job: PRODUCTION MANAGER
Fee: £2,000 for production (incl. preparation, 1x production week, and 2x rehearsal weeks); £150-£200 per touring day (get-in, performance and get-out), as well as travel, accommodation and subs.
Dates: Required for Production Week (w/c 9th March) and Rehearsal Weeks (w/c 13th and 20th April) which will take place at 101 Outdoor Arts Creation Space in Newbury, and preparation time in between and in advance of the Production Week.
Tour: Performances between May – October 2020 (exact dates to be confirmed)
Application Deadline: EXTENDED TO Sun, 1st March 2020
Interviews: Tuesday 3rd March / Wednesday 4th March
How to Apply: Please send your C.V. to Anja at email@example.com before the application deadline.
If you would like to have an informal chat about the role in advance of the application deadline, please contact our Producer, Darren Walter on 07449 952433
About the ROLE
We are looking for an experienced, highly committed and positive Production Manager to join Justice in Motion and lead on all production management elements relating to our touring activity for ON EDGE, our outdoor parkour theatre show across Summer 2020.
We’re looking for someone with great technical knowledge and excellent communication, organisation and time management skills, who has prior experience managing and delivering outdoor theatrical productions.
We require someone who has strong interpersonal skills and is capable of adapting to different environments and can work well under pressure.
Duties and responsibilities will include
- Tracking and monitoring all production budgets, maximising cost-effective solutions and efficient working practises.
- Develop and create all necessary paperwork as required by presenting partners and other relevant authorities in line with best practice; including technical riders, method statements and site plans.
- Undertaking H & S related risk assessments and ensuring that all H & S policies and procedures are followed at all times and accurately documented.
- Develop an understanding of different regulatory requirements internationally and the complexities of international shipping.
- Co-ordinating the advance planning and providing all necessary information to presenting partners in relation to site infrastructure, local crews, arrival and departure schedules.
- Planning and co-ordinating all get-ins and get-outs.
- Assuming overall responsibility for technical and site management of performances, and rehearsals.
The successful candidate will have:
- A diverse range of production experience in theatre, arts, dance, circus etc.
- Specific experience in production management at outdoor events and festivals.
- Knowledge of loading on structures, and impact of forces (wind, rain, etc).
- 3-5 years’ experience working as a Production Manager in a professional environment.
- Valid UK Driving License.
- First Aid Training.
- Excellent physical fitness.
- Experience of working with PA systems and QLab.
- Knowledge of Working at Height Regulations.
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills.
- Creative attitude to problem solving.
- Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure.
- A positive attitude with a high level of self-motivation and ability to work with your own initiative.
- Ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff, and strong team player.